Ken Rich is a musician, producer, author, entrepreneur, singer-songwriter of contemporary Christian music, founder of Indie Gospel Artists.
“We focus on music from Independent Gospel Artists, but have a wide outreach in other areas as well. Our specialty is Independent Gospel music – songs and videos. However, we also provide groups, blogs, forums, and various other ways to participate. We are linked to thousands of pages of Christian content, and our embeddable players and widgets can be added practically anywhere. This is a group of separate artists who want to make their Christian content available to the public through a shared network. Only a third of our members are artists, the rest are fans, Ministers of the Gospel, industry reps, or just plain folk”. – Ken Rich
Ken Rich is the creator of the Indie Gospel Artists network, and one of it’s contributing artists. He has produced several music videos, and is currently working on an album entitled Songs from a Sinner.
Ken is also a prolific and outspoken writer on Christian issues, with an e-book In Defense of Contemporary Christian Music, and numerous articles to his credit.
Soul Winning is his passion, and whether it’s songwriting, recording, producing, writing, or promoting, he can usually be found in his home studio, working on some type of Ministry project. A great believer in the power of social networking to reach the masses, he maintains a presence on all the major social sites, and a large variety of Christian Ministry sites.
Ken has recorded local Gospel artists, and recruited others from around the world to join him, in forming a large collection of Christian resources. Located in scenic Western Newfoundland, this Christian outreach now extends to every corner of the globe.
The family of websites includes a social network, commercial media portal, advertising, Biker Ministry, podcast, webring, newspaper, charity program, and more. These are all conveniently linked at this central hub – Indie Gospel
For more information, see this in depth interview – MCC Interviews Ken Rich For contact info, see this online Business Card. A portfolio of personal music projects is available in this Electronic Press Kit.
Indie Gospel Artists
We are legally licensed by SOCAN, which has agreements with agencies such as ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC. A non-profit Christian social network. We spread the Gospel through music, promote worthy charities, and provide free Christian resources.
This site honours the rights of authors, composers, and publishers.
The Indie Gospel Artists network is non-profit, and exists to win souls and feed kids. Below are some of the ways we try to fulfill our simple mandate:
- To win hearts and minds, by spreading the Gospel through Indie music (from unsigned, independent artists) and the various other Christian resources warehoused here.
- To promote Worthy Charities by linking to them, and drawing attention to them, whenever possible.
- We are non-profit, donor supported, and provide our services to members and visitors for free. We attempt to be self supporting through our advertising site Eagle Ads , our professional music site theGospel-Jukebox, and our “Indie Store“.
- Some artists are not Internet savvy and can’t promote themselves effectively in today’s world. At least 3 of our artists don’t even own computers. We provide free exposure, tools, and resources, to help any Indie Gospel Artist who wants to get their content out there.
- Our groups, forum, and blogs are loaded with Christian content. Those drawn to the network by our musical outreach, can feast on other soul winning resources warehoused here. We are also linked to literally thousands of pages of Christian content – through webrings, RSS Feeds, traffic exchanges, and promoted Ministries.
Future development strategies are spelled out in our Road Map
For a network overview with links, don’t miss our Splash Page
For a better understanding of who we are, read About Us
Dave Butler was the inspiration behind this network and the founder of the feast. There are two full albums (25 songs) of Country Gospel music on his page, and he was the finest example of a soul winner I have ever known. Without his support, encouragement, and example, I would never have found the courage to pursue a music Ministry.
He also led me to record Maxine Hindy and Earl Hussey who each have a full album here. I would be remiss, if I did not also mention my good friend Mark Webb, who taught me how to build home computers and use the Internet. None of this would have been possible without him.
Left click this picture below, for a larger view. I think this epitaph says it all about the man who inspired this Christian outreach. If we honor his memory, we will follow his example – by winning hearts and minds to Christ through Gospel music.