Resumes & More is a professional writing service specializing in creating career documents and providing career counseling for clients. Resumes and More was established to meet the needs of clients for a resume that guarantees success. We call it a“Power Resume” because it powerfully presents your best strengths, skills, accomplishments and experiences in a way that answers the question all prospective employers want to know, “What can you do for me?” Gerald Hancock is CEO/founder.
Gerald Hancock has been active in the community affairs of Independence since arriving in 1979. He enjoys such personal pastimes as Skiing, Scuba Diving, Photography, Cars, Movies, traveling, cruising and family activities. He has traveled extensively in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Japan, China and Italy.
Organizations he has been involved with include:
- Vice-President, President and currently Historian, Independence Japanese Sister City Commission
- Vice-President and President of the Tomasha Homeowners Association with over 300 members
- Independence Housing Authority Board Member
- Lion’s Club Board Member
- Boy Scouts of America Assistant Scoutmaster and Treasurer
- President, Truman High School AFS Student Exchange Program
- Multiple volunteer leadership roles with the Community of Christ Church
Gerald received a BA Degree in Secondary Education from Graceland University, an MA in Guidance and Counseling from the University of Missouri-Kansas City and an MBA from the University of Missouri-Columbia. He is a Certified Professional Resume Writer, registered with the Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Counselors.
Following a career in Education, both teaching and counseling students, he served 23 years with Kansas City Power and Light in Human Resources responsible for Management Development, Corporate Training and Benefit Administration before retiring in 2002.
He and his wife Mary have two adult children and six grandchildren.